Wednesday 26 January 2011

Bertie the Bunny

Bertie bunny was unhappy
Bertie bunny was so sad
He lived inside his burrow
Without friends ~ he always had

He didn’t go to parties
Held in the forest late at night
‘cos when he looked in the mirror
He thought he looked a sight

He didn’t like his teeth you see
He thought they were too big
And “what big ears I have” said he
“- though I shouldn’t give a fig”

“My legs are far too bandy
And a wonky tail have I
If I look into this mirror
I know that I will cry”

One day he hopped out of his bed
And something hurt his paw
The mirror had fallen in the night
And lay broken on the floor

He couldn’t see his reflection
In fact he didn’t care
Because inside his head
Was a lovely bunny there

And once he’d stopped consulting
The mirror on the wall
He became a happy bunny
And not alone at all

The moral of this poem
Is very clear to me
Stop looking in that mirror
And a happy bunny be

©Marian Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment